10 REASONS WHY STRENGTH TRAINING IS ESSENTIAL FOR WOMEN
The days of thinking that lifting weights added unattractive bulk to a women’s body are over. Strength Training is now the new essential component to a healthy and strong body! Done properly, it’s absolutely amazing how it positively affects a woman’s mind, body and soul. When I lift I feel strong, empowered and resilient. My body looks more fit, firm and sexy. You don’t need a lot of weight to see a difference immediately. Here’s 10 reasons why you need to start lifting some lbs. if you are a woman!
- Makes your bones stronger (combats bone mass loss)
- Every decade we lose more muscle esp. after age 30! By lifting weights you help delay that process.
- Studies show that you lose more belly fat than just doing cardio alone. They also show that strength training burns mostly fat unlike cardio that can burn muscle too.
- Increasing your strength and pure muscle mass, your body uses calories more efficiently.
- You will feel stronger.
- You will relieve stress and feel more relaxed.
- Your energy will increase.
- You will sleep better.
- You will feel empowered, and more fit.
- You will see results! Curves, muscles, definition and you will love it!
Triceps w/free weights (arms I use 10 sometimes 12.5 lbs.)
Try it! Just make sure to get some professional guidance on how to lift properly before you start. You WILL see a difference and be glad you started! 😉
Here’s a couple of examples of the strength training moves I do for those pesky “women areas”: Arms, butt and legs.
Obliques (abs-I do 4 sets of 15 reps alternating sides)
Triceps w/ tricep extension ropes (arms-I do 3 sets of 15 reps)
Bridges w/25lb round weight (bum- I do 3 sets of 15 reps)
Single leg dumbbell lift W/Kerri Kennedy (butt- I do 4 sets of 15 reps alternating sides)
and last…a strength training exercise with just your own bodyweight
Bridge with exercise ball (bum- I do 4 sets of 15 reps)
For some more strength training exercises go here….Fitness.