Here it is, Spring 2017 a new season and like most everybody else, I am happy for the warmer weather to arrive and welcome another fresh start. I am anxious and excited for a clean slate, sunnier days and new opportunities. Springtime gives me a chance to evaluate what I have accomplished in the first part of the year and adjust my plan accordingly to meet my end of the year goals.
This is the season I push harder, feel stronger and up my workouts in the gym in hopes of whipping my body back into summer shape. This time of year has always symbolized the precise time where I can leave all my previous mistakes of the early part of the year and the dreary days of winter behind me and start anew.
This upcoming Spring in particular though, the pressure I have placed on myself to make bigger changes seems much greater than usual. I’m feeling the need to make long overdue decisions, wanting to be in top shape again and desiring to finally make my dreams come to fruition. All of these things have definitely left me feeling a little overwhelmed. As they always say “ What you focus on gets bigger” I have tried to contain my thoughts, but seeing myself find the success I seek seems to be just that much more important to me right now!
Maybe its my age, maybe its some of the disappointments I experienced in 2016, or maybe it’s just my gut screaming that it’s time to put on my big girl panties and finally make a change! I don’t have the answers but, since I know I need my 7-7 1/2 hours of beauty sleep and Rome wasn’t built overnight, I am slowly trying to teach myself to relax a little and try and look at things from a less “do or die” perspective.
Here are a couple of things lately that have helped me to get a handle on the high expectations I have for myself and my body for this new season. Maybe they will help you as well.
- GO TO THE GYM! I can’t even begin to tell you how much better I handle stress when I have gotten a workout in. It clears my head and the endorphins alone are amazing. I feel healthier. I eat better knowing how hard I just worked and I seem to be a more reasonable and more productive human being. Did I mention summer is only a month away? Hello!!! Bikini season is fast approaching! Just do it and that new bathing suit of yours will fit like a glove! 😉
- ASSESS- Step back and take a hard look at your goals for the year. What have you accomplished? What is it you still want to accomplish? Make a revised plan of action. Be realistic and make it a challenge, but attainable.
- ACTION-Start actively doing things that are working towards your end goal. Don’t over think, don’t talk to other people about it, just DO! The more you do, the more you don’t even realize that you actually get done, and as a result you gradually feel less anxious. I have begun to compartmentalize and break things down into smaller daily tasks to complete. I feel so much more accomplished when I can check things off my list. When I look at the whole big picture, it can be daunting and freak me out.
- KEEP GETTING BACK UP- Life is a series of ups and downs. It’s not a matter of IF, it’s a matter of WHEN you are going to get knocked down or disappointed. The thing that is most important is that you don’t wallow for too long there, that you get back up again fighting! Don’t ever give up, find your strength and keep looking forward. Just trying to get this website launched and finding the right people to collaborate with, I remember how many times I was let down and frustrated. It was the moment when I almost gave up, but chose to try one more last time, that I was directed to my developer!!!! DON’T GIVE UP.
- STAY POSITIVE- There are ALWAYS things to be positive about. If you are reading this right now-you have eyes, access to the internet, a computer and you can read! With that internet access you have more opportunities than ever to make something of yourself! If you stay positive and grateful for what you already have, chances are more will come your way! Keep Looking Up!
- HAVE FAITH- I know it sounds cliché, but everything always DOES have a way of working out the way it is supposed to. What is meant for you will always be for you and will find its way to you.
- BELIEVE IN YOURSELF- Look at how much you’ve accomplished thus far and pat yourself on the back, because life isn’t always easy! You have all the talents you need inside of you. You just need to believe it to unlock them! This is hard for me at times, but I know deep down the tools are there, I just need to get past the fear to use them!
- FAILURE IS NOT TRYING- Failure is giving up! You will never know what you could have accomplished if you don’t try. I know if I don’t try, I will always regret it!
Doing these 8 things have helped me to hold onto my joy and remind myself that “life is a marathon not a sprint” unknown.
Guess what? Check this off my list! New Blog post to upload to Spandex & Sundresses done! Lol Now, I feel better already! Remember, try not to lose your joy over things that will pass. Just do your best everyday and have no regrets!