If you are anything like me, I never seem to start my New Year on the official 1st. My New Year is about a week(or two ;-)) later when all the holiday haze is over and I have time to truly reflect on the year before without any distractions. To be able to move forward into the New Year with a fresh perspective, I recognize that I have to do some life de-cluttering and a “purging/cleansing” of things that were holding me back from my best self. So, here’s a few things I started with that you might find helpful as well.
- Deleting numbers in your phone: In full disclosure, I can’t even remember the last time I actually went through my phone and deleted anyone! With the less than desirable, instead I would always put do not answer or a really funny nickname besides their actual name (I’m always up for a good laugh!). It would give me a chuckle and was a great reminder to never look back! Ok, so in all seriousness though, it’s time to clean out the phones of all exes and people who are no longer relevant in your life. BOY DID THIS FEEL GOOD! De-cluttering and getting rid of any negative leftover energy never felt so good! lol This will open up your phone/life for some new numbers! 😉
- Email purging: OMG, I am an email hoarder! I don’t know if anyone else is like this, but I hold onto emails just in case I need it 10 years from now!!! Lol Let’s just say cleaning it out was a cleansing in of itself! 3,000 deleted emails and a numb finger later! Ha Do it, it will definitely make you feel free!
- Closet organizing: I think I made 5 trips to goodwill with bags of clothes and shoes and home décor to donate before the new year. Time to move on and let someone else enjoy these things. Now, I can find everything easily, because my closet looks fabulous and clean and organized!!! Organized home life means organized rest of your life! Get to it ASAP!
- Cleaning out the refrigerator: Can you say Condiments!!! I think there was ketchup and mustard in my fridge from a bbq in 2015! Lol Clean it out, wipe everything down and start over. Now is the time to load it with lots of color! Fill it with Veggies, fruits and lean meats. Starting with a clean fridge in the New Year can really help you to see exactly how you are eating!
- Shed a little skin: Going into the New Year, I like to do a face peel. I literally “shed” last year’s skin. It is just part of my way to shed the old and bring the new to light. Moving forward with fresh new skin that I need to nurture in the New Year. To see and read more on peels-go here.
So here I come 2018! Refreshed, restored, organized and looking forward to the amazing experiences and adventures in store for me.